What’s up Bestie? Today I’m here to give you some incredible hacks. Let’s not waste anytime and dive right in.
Lashes. The part of your makeup look that you cannot go without because it simply ties everything together. Today I am going to blow your mind with an incredible lash hack.
First off, the supplies you’ll need. I have been using Ardell lashes for as long as I can remember and today I’m wearing Studio Effects Demi Wispies. You’ll also need glue and in my opinion Duo glue is the best out there. Lastly, this curved applicator tool for easy application.
Instead of putting the falsies on top of your lashes, we are going to put them underneath. I know, it sounds strange, but I have been wearing lashes like this for the past month to make sure that this method was long lasting and easily done by everyone. I prefer this look because it looks more like lash extensions. Also, I don’t know who needs to hear this, but don’t rip your lashes out of the packaging! This can damage the lash and mess up the natural curve and pattern they come with. Gently lift them out of their package please.
Here are the steps
- Crimp lashes first. This lifts your lashes so that you can easily apply underneath the lash line.
- Apply liner before you apply lashes. Doing this will eliminate any gaps between the lashes and your eyelid.
- Cut the lashes in half. Overall this makes the application easier so just do it.
- Put glue on the lashes. Let the glue dry until it is ALMOST transparent but not fully transparent because that means it’s dry.
- Tilt your head back so you can easily see the underneath lash line and you will start by applying to the outside first then apply to the inside.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE ITEMS FROM HACK!
Next on the agenda, we’re going to talk about purple shampoo and some of the common misconceptions.
- You can use purple shampoo everyday
- Not true! When you are putting purple shampoo on your hair day after day, think of it as tints on a car. You put layer after layer of tint and now the tints are so dark you can’t see through them. This is what’s happening to your blonde! It’s getting darker and now light can pass through so you can’t see the shine and your hair is darker and duller.
- Anyone can use purple shampoo
- If your hair is living in a blonde/orange state purple shampoo will not work for you. In order for purple shampoo to work for you, your must have truly blonde hair. Think about the inside of a banana. This color yellow (blonde) is the perfect candidate to use purple shampoo. If your hair is more on the orange brassy side, then you should be using Joico’s Color Balance Blue Shampoo/Conditioner because blue cancels out orange.
- All purple shampoos are created equal
- Absolutely not true! Some purple shampoos are more pigmented than others and some can be more drying. Color Balance Shampoo neutralizes unwanted yellow tones while actually making your hair 2x stronger, controls static and lasts up to 12 washes.
How to Use Color Balance Shampoo and Conditioner:
- Starting with Color Balance Shampoo begin lathering product into hands and work into scalp. You can leave it on for up to 3 minutes.
- Color Balance Conditioner should be applied to the mid-ends first and then using what’s left on your hands at the top. I always keep a brush in my shower to brush the conditioner through.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE ITEM FROM HACK!
Now we’re going to talk about blow dry hacks. My all time favorite blow dryer is the Babyliss Rapido. It is the lightest, highest performing dryer in the world! I always let my hair air dry as much as possible, usually around 80% dry before I begin to blow dry. My favorite blow dry spray is Joico’s KPAK Color Therapy Leave In Conditioner. It’s super important to section your hair when you blow dry. If you do not, you can burn the top of your hair from over drying. Try using a paddle brush on the roots and mid shaft of hair, when you get to the bottom switch to a round brush for that salon blowout look. When you get to the crown of your hair make sure to elevate each section up for volume. I also recommend turning down the heat from high to medium when you get to the front (more fine and fragile and prone to breakage due to overheat styling) of your hair.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE ITEM FROM HACK
My favorite part of the whole show! That’s right, it’s the beauty bestie segment! This week I am featuring one of my girls, Laura Gibson @lgibsoncolorist and I can’t wait to share with you. These are Laura’s Longevity Hacks. The first is The Set and Sleep. Split your hair according to your part twist both sides away from your face, cross them over your head and secure with a claw clip. This helps preserve your style while you sleep. In the morning, using low speed but high heat, run the blow dryer over each twisted side of your hair and then set your hair using the cool setting.
Next up is The Twistee Tee Hack. This is perfect for when you need to shower in the morning and don’t want to ruin your style. Put the t-shirt over your head and then pull it over your head. Shake the remaining hair ends into the shirt and twist the end of the shirt and secure the end.
Once you’re out of the shower and you want to really smooth down those baby hairs you can still use the t-shirt! Pull the shirt over your head but not all the way off (the collar is around your hairline and the bottom of the shirt is hanging down your back). Turn your curling iron on medium heat and swiftly run the iron over the top of your head while smoothing out with your hands.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE ITEMS FROM THIS HACK
Thank you so much for being here! Until next time, Bestie.